All about Snowpool
Snowpool.org was started in 2005 to allow people with spare spaces in their cars to find others to share the travel with.
Our view is that it's a goodly distance to drive to a ski field, so why not share the costs and meet some new people along the way. Obviously there's the sustainability climate change angle, but if you're motivated purely by keeping costs down, well, that's cool too!
Video - Should explain things!
Please be nice ;) It is up to the people carpooling to organise how and where they are going to meet etc, and how to split petrol.
Our suggestions would be:
- Fill up the tank before you leave, and at the end, split the costs evenly (plus a few bucks for tyre wear and oil ;)
- Don't be late for the arranged meeting time & place
- Bring chocolate to share
- Finally, here are some carpooling safety and etiquette tips...
We really really love to hear feedback (positive or negative!), so please send any feedback to : email@example.com
Most of all.. have fun.. and don't come running to us if your car driver turns out to be a psycho (remember the chocolate).
The idea for this website was from Euan Boyd, Darren Cathcart, and (Patrick Davey)
How can I help?
So glad you asked! Well, you can always download and print the poster
If you're on FaceBook then it'd be great, if you do like Snowpool, to like it on Facebook.. just click below
But really the best thing is to tell your friends and post a ride.
Open SourceSnowpool was built using Open Source tools and technologies.
- For version control we used Git. Very nice tool that one.
- The server snowpool runs on is a Linux Server, using Ruby on Rails as the web framework of choice.
- And the calendar used is a JQuery plugin called Full Calendar